One last Tri for the season - this was my first sprint race since September 2008. Today's race was a .5 mile swim, 17 mile bike and 3.5 mile run. Very small and low key event, which I really like. Like Martin said in his blog, only 2 swim waves, but it was worse than Lake Placid - I got hit, kicked and punched several times swimming into the first buoy.
Swam pretty well, stood up and walked out of the water too early and lost a few minutes. Then a steep run up to transition.
Got on my bike and my goal was to see something other than 15mph as the avg speed. I finished the bike under 1 hr, avg speed of 17.5 - very happy, course was rolling maybe 1 or 2 hills, but pretty mild hills. Really nice bike
Run was through the park on a paved path, but some good uphills and some very hard downhills. I felt pretty strong on the run, body had its aches and pains, but nothing greater than what I have been feeling lately.
I must say I loved having to bring only 1 bag and 1 GU, which I really did not even need. So easy.
Endurance type of swim this Saturday and then I think race season officially is over - boo hoo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Way to go Erica! Sounds like you had a fun day and great weather!
ReplyDelete