I went to my lake and did this interval in the open water. I estimated the 400 distance by just swimming 4 minutes and then turning around. The current was stronger one way, so my first 400 was longer than 8. All times were a bit weird as I am sure my distances were as well. I would estimate I swam more than 400 each time, but really don't care all that much. It is great to lake swim vs. pool swim any time you can. So given the distances were probably not accurate, times would be equally off, but they were: 8:48, 8:13, 8:06, 7:56 - probably went too long on the first one. I felt good in the water, and focused on the pulling and bilateral breathing - again, HR was lower than I thought it would be or expected it to be since I was targeting 80% - came in between 130-137.
My legs are feeling those backsquats from yesterday - all good.
The swim really is bothering my lower back - but PT, Massage this week will help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Enjoy you massage!
ReplyDelete