Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lake Placid - Day 2 Training

Today was the long bike - 2 loops. There is construction that has the out and back closed.
1st loop - 48.81 miles (accidentally followed a group down a diff out/back). Avg speed 15, but hit a record fast- 39.1 mph! Avg HR 134.
2nd loop - 45.47 miles, avg speed 14. Avg HR 138. Horrible wind kicked in and I felt like I was going nowhere- it was hard. Felt strong on the 2nd loop up until mile 28, then was battling the wind.
Nutrition worked just fine. It would have been nice to have refilled water, but I managed with what I had on me.
I must say CT provides perfect training for this course.

Only issue today was my stupid bike fit. Not right yet and I rode in pretty significant pain. Have to get this right and fast!

Treating myself to some wine tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Have a glass for me. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get that bike situation worked out. Other than that sounds like things are going really well.

    ReplyDelete