
No Freakin Way - I am getting slower. How can this strong looking arm be letting me down in the water?
500yd - 10:00 and I felt really really goo dan fast today. I was crushed when I looked at my watch.
My question has to do with hydration vehicles on the bike. I currently have a profile design single aero bottle and my bike only has one bracket for a bottle on the seat tube. Last year I did purchase a double aero bottle, but never got to put it on. I just read that Speedfil now has a water tank for the seat tube - just was wondering if anyone has one of these. I can't grab and go water at the stations - have to stop and get off and just would like as much water as possible with me.

I hope you decide not to shoot anyone with those guns!
ReplyDeleteThat bicep is just tired from the workouts these past couple of days! I thought my time would be faster too. Felt great in the water, but it wasn't as fast as I thought it would be.
ReplyDeleteI use an aero bottle, a bottle on the down tube and a bottle in a rack of the back of my seat that also holds my spare tire, tube and tools. I put nutrition on the down tube and water in the aero. Fill the aero at the aid stations by dumping water into it on the go.
Check my blog, I'll post a pic.
My bike is not totally set up yet, but I plan to have the Aero bottle on the front and two bottles behind my seat. I don't mind the hand-offs and the hand-off lines at LP are pretty long (I worked one last year). I currently have A seat tube bottle, but plan to take that off when I get my behind the seat bottle holders so I'm not too heavy.
ReplyDeleteI have a speedfill bottle that I used last year but it will not work with my new bike - you can try it and have it if you like it.
I would be happy to work on hand-offs with you if you would like. It pays to live off the course as much as possible - you will travel lighter that way. They also hand off Bananas, Power Gels, Gatorade and Power Bars.
P.s. - It looks like we all had a miss on our swims.
ReplyDeleteErica
ReplyDeleteYou should try during your training rides with having less on the bike & having to carry around all the extra weight of a aerobottle, bottles on the rack etc. Magnify this to a tune of 112 miles that is alot of extra weight to be hauling around. All of my training rides including the longer one's consist of two bottle on back rack and gels / salt tablets in my trisuit. Nice & simple. If your plan is to be getting off the bike to get more water, more the reason to not be carrying all the extra bottles. That's my 2 cents for what its worth.
Thanks for all the comments. I am going to put on my double size aero bottle and keep my seat tube bracket for another water bottle. Simple and I will just plan to refil on the route as much as I need. Thanks
ReplyDeleteand that is also saving me money!
ReplyDeleteI have an extra double cage which can be attached on the back of the seat and will accommodate 2 bottles, spare tubes, and 2 CO2. Let me know and I will send it to you.
ReplyDelete