Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Swim around the Lake

Had a 1650 swim on tap today, but given the weather, opted for a lake swim instead of the pool. Drove to the lake right after work with my friend Tim and met our Martin there. The 3 of us got our wetsuits on and off we went. We swam around my lake, which I believe is a bit over a mile (I have asked the president of the lake association to dig up some measurements). The last time I swam around was one year ago before Rev3 last year and I was completely winded, HR soaring - not today. We were in the water for about 54 minutes which included some breaks to chit chat. I felt very relaxed and could have kept swimming and swimming. In hindsight, I could have pushed it so much harder. And it was so hot even w/the wetsuit.

So my back discomfort seems to have shifted down to the low back and left side. And it hurt during the swim. I have a PT appt next Tuesday and my PT guy is fully trained on trigger point stuff, so I hope it helps.

I have another 1650 swim on the schedule for the weekend - not sure if I need to suck it up and do the 66 lengths in the pool or get back into the lake. I also have an interval 4x400 swim this week so that maybe my only pool swim and the next mile will be done outside.

2nd WOD: 5-5-5-5-5 Shoulder Press: Worried about my back and nobody at home to spot me - I opted to go ahead w/the presses, but kept the weight at 55lbs for each set. Still was hard the last 2 sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment