Sunday, May 2, 2010

Swim Interval and Circuit

WOD#1: Swim - 4x400 @80%, each rep w/in 4 seconds of each other. I took 2 minutes in between each. I must say I tried. I wasn't really sure what 80% meant, but I tried to gauge it off my HR, but based on avg HR of 133-134, I came in shy of 80%. My times were: 8.07, 8.22, 8.26, 8.30 -so not bad in hitting the consistency target. The first set I had my gloves (thought it would help w/my strength, guess it did, but I should have not worn them at all, or worn them the entire time, probably the latter since that would have gotten my closer to 80% of HR)

WOD#2: backsquats @70% of weight used on 2/4 - 21 reps, 500 Row, 15 reps, 500 row, 9 reps, 500 row. I used 95#s on the squats. Time was 10:12. The last time I did this circuit was superbowl Sunday, 2/7, where I was fighting to get the rack and rower and was fighting my watch the entire time trying to get an accurate reading. I think today was an accurate time since I had the bar and rower all to myself.

Will get in my running drills today - thanks to Martin for giving me that motivation. Curious to see how I feel in the 86 degree heat. It was hot, I had 4x90 sec at 100 cadence, then a drill, then 6 min at 94. I will say the 6x94 felt almost easy after the 4 at 100, guess that is the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment