Ariel and I met for the first time today. We met at the Y in Granby, and did our swim circuit which was 8x100, 4 min rest in between. My times were (all records for me) 1:40, 1:40, 1:42, 1:44, 1:45, 1:46, 1:47, 1:50. This was hard and even though Ariel and I were not swimming together (he is faster), I think just swimming w/someone else made me more competitive. I need to take today's feeling and apply it to my TT.
We headed up to the gym and did 2nd WOD: 21 KB swings (35#), 42 situps, 84 squats - 2x thru for time. First round I used a 30# and 2nd I used the 35#. Total time was 6:53. This was a new circuit for both of us and it was a good one. My legs will feel this one for sure. I must say it was fun working out with someone.
Then we had some social time, his wife and daugther met us at my house and we grilled, ate, had some nice wine and just had an overall great day!
And a picture of us at the pool will be posted later I am sure - yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Erica,
ReplyDeleteAwesome results! I wish I could have been there. Next time! I ended up doing yard workout all day and no wine afterwards.
Glad you and Ariel had a nice day.
Martin
Great job on those 100s — we were neck and neck today! I think we'll need to do this workout together some time so we can motivate one another to break 1:40! :)
ReplyDelete