WOD #1: 500 row, 21 boxjumps, 21 pushups, 500 row, 15 jumps, 15 pushups, 500 row, 9 jumps, 9 pushups. I had 7 risers on each side of the step and did step ups, 21, 15, 9 and each leg during the circuit. Total time 12:15 - I haven't rowed in a while and each 500 came in around 2:15. I realized as I did the last 9 pushups as full pushups (vs. knee) that I am at a point that I could do full pushups all the time now, which is what I will do going forward.
WOD#2: Group swim - only 6 of us showed up, so we got some good 1/1 time with the coach. He likes the way I look in the water -said my stroke looks good, head and body alignment all good, but that I was swimming too dainty like, delicate. He pulled me out of the water to try and get the concept of 'pressure' across to me. I know this is my problem and when he said I had to figure out where the 'stillness' of the water was to know where it felt good to apply the pressure, it made some more sense to me. I also totally relaxed which automatically made my upper body rotate like I wanted and it all felt pretty good.
On a side note: My upper body, core and back are so different looking that they were in November, in a good way - muscle definition like crazy, even my huby commented. Now if I can only alter genetics and get rid of my grandma triceps, I would be perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It a wonderful feeling when things start to click in the water! Been working on that for 4 years now and the swim is definitely the most difficult skill to master...Cool to have someone looking at your stroke :)
ReplyDeleteGreat work on the pushups Erica, we all now expect to see you posting pushups completed on toes for every rep ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Erica. Showing off those muscles!!!
ReplyDelete