I did the Rev3 training ride today - I was sick to my stomach all day yesterday and this morning - primarily because of what happeend last year. I drove w/my friend Tim and we got there early, so I decided to walk out of the park to the spot I got hit - I stood there for a minute or so and then headed back. Over, done - lets move on.
The intent was to split the bike groups up: 2 boys (fast and not so fast) and 2 girl groups same. I started with the slower girl group, as did a few other guys and very early on (mile 8) I missed a left turn and another girl followed me. Turns out we had to turn around and using the cue sheet, I got us back on track, but only before my new friend Helen, lost her chain and I got it back on for her. We rode the entire way together - she was very worried about the climbs so I ended up going ahead of her and waiting for her. I played 'SAG' on this ride, since the sag car was no where to be found.
After my 30 mile ride last Thursday, I have been doubting my strength on the hills. The 7-8 mile climb was still there, and even though I was in the last gear I had left I felt good - strong, mentally and physically. So yes, this stuff is working.
They changed the bike course from last year and the 2nd half of the bike is much better than last year - go through some neighborhoods and some very nice, much needed downhills.
For today I am very happy - not about my ride time (did not really capture anything accurate because I stopped to help, stopped to look a cue sheet, etc)
Lots of people ran after, that will only happen in 2 weeks - race day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so glad you got the moment over with and it sounds like it helped you to refocus. It was a tragedy last year, but you are stronger now, both mentally and physically and you will do great! Glad it was a good day...enjoy the week ahead.
ReplyDeleteExcellent idea to go out today and meet that unpleasant memory head on Erica! I can't wait to see you finish this thing — or rather catch up with you at the finish line :)
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Erica, good idea to make peace with the past to seek for the future. You will do great, I'm sure!
ReplyDelete