Thursday, April 15, 2010

5Kx5 bike - mentally strong ride

It was windy out today, did not realize until I got on the bike - but who cares, right. 5K x 5 times, 5 min rest in between. Results were:
1st - 10:14 (2:48 min rest)
2nd - 12:01 (no rest in between 2nd and 3rd - the given route did not give me a good stopping point)
3rd - 12:30
4th - 10:31 (3:49 rest)
5th - 12:08 (4:04 rest)

I picked a route that had some hills, which also meant it had some good decents as well. So this ride was a great mental boost for me for a few reasons: I hit 25mph and did not use my breaks (I do not like speed, which is a big problem), I got aero for more of the ride than last time (I am still learning) and finally, I got up that damn hill that I could not do last Saturday. It came during the last 5K.

5 comments:

  1. Personally, I love speed! ;). Have you been on the LP bike course yet? That first downhill is a doozey!

    So how long before I stop feeling like I'm gonna have a heart attack during my runs...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Erica, you made lots of improvements in this session :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I am pretty sure it took me a month or so. I recall vividly that I had a stupid 3K run on my schedule and thought I was going to die doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Job! I just realize I did 5 MILES x5! Each interval :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky, it was so nice outside, I almost went longer but had someplace to be. Bad weather for the entire weekend.

    ReplyDelete