WOD: Run 800, 21 burpees, run 800, 15 burpees, run 800, 9 burpees. Time = 16:54 - Avg HR 156, a high 163. And burpees were done w/full pushup - no knees :)
Before this circuit, I did running drills, week 3 (haven't done any drills for 2 weeks, and needed to get back on track). The week 3 drill is 4x90 sec @98 cadence, CF drill - I chose 3x10 each side forward lunge, then 1x6 min @93 cadence. I think it finally clicked today. I was relaxed, focused on the lean forward and relaxed foot, not a high knee. It all felt right today. The 6 min run came in at 7:58 min/mile and I ran .755 of a mile. The 90 seconds started at an 8:42/mile and came down to a 7:45 for the last one.
I felt comfortable in the running flats and decided to keep them on for my circuit thinking the run distance was shorter than what I had just done for my HW drill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

nice work! so what kind of running shoes will you wear for LP? Just curious because I am kind of experimenting with different shoes right now..
ReplyDeleteGood question. Ideally, I hope to be good in a flat, but time will tell.
ReplyDelete