Thursday, April 29, 2010

No way it could have been planned...

I will start by saying last night around 9:00pm, my father called me to tell me my 93 year old grandfather went missing. My husband drove up to the Berkshires to meet my father, who lives in NYC. Long story short - my grandfather dropped my 92 yr old grandmother at an appt, took the car to get gas and 12 hrs later, thankfully, was found 60 miles from his house, pulled over to the side of the road, out of gas. (they live by themselves in Pittsfield Mass) and effective today, will not be driving anymore!

So maybe I got 3hrs of sleep. I think today's workout must be some sort of fate - I had a bike, 2 min standing, 1 min sit, 10x. This could not have been effectively done outside, and with these hurricane force winds and lack of focus from little sleep, I was, for once, so happy to put the spoke back thru my bike and put it on the trainer.

I did this workout on January 28th and went 7.2 miles, avg speed of 14.4, avg HR 146.
Today I went 8.26 miles, avg speed of 16.4, avg HR 138

I am really happy with the results.

Deadlifts: 5-5-5-5-5 - 65, 85, 95, 115, 125 compared to last time (Jan 28th which was 65, 85, 2x95, 115). Not bad, my hands hurt also. Will try to go heavier next time, thinking I can probably squeeze out another 10lbs of weight, maybe.

4 comments:

  1. I sorry to hear about your grandparents. Sometimes WODs in the middle of life things get us stronger, or at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the WOD's help take your mind off everything else going on. Good luck with your grandparents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it all turned out okay for your grandfather. Scary stuff indeed! Great job getting the workouts done in spite of the life stress and awesome improvement on the bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica

    Very glad to hear your grandfather is all right. Absolutely amazing you did your WOD's. You are superwoman!!! I'm going to make you a cape.

    ReplyDelete