21-15-9 Thrusters at 65lbs, pullups. Time: 6:18.
I started with the 65lbs that was on my plan and it was heavy, as I figured it would be. I made it through 16 reps w/65 and then had to bring it down to 55 and even then the arms were shaking and I could barely get the last reps over my head. 2nd and 3rd sets were w/55 and it was hard, arms were shaking. Pullups were assisted and I used 10lbs harder weight than last time and it was still hard. Will I ever be able to do just 1 unassisted real pullup?
Lower body really is sore today - think it is just a combo of the 1 mile runs @100% Friday, 10! burpees, squats, situps Saturday and KB, squats situps yesterday - while I am sore, I like being sore, tells me it is all working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Erica,
ReplyDeleteEven at 55lbs., that is strong. Try jumping to the top position of the pullup and lowering yourself slowly then going back up. It worked for Nancy and she did 2 pullups the other other day!
Sore is good when it's the right kind of sore. Pullups are one of the hardest exercises out there. I know a lot of guys that can't even do one and many of them are younger than us. Don't feel bad about it - just keep working it!
ReplyDeleteDid you eat that good steak yet?
Way to get it done Erica!! Your doing more then what most people do their whole live!
ReplyDeleteHey Erica, I know what you mean about pullups - I can now do 6 dead hang unassisted pullups but its taken me ages to do this. My CF gym told me to work on volume using assistance so you would do the following reps 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 for example taking as much rest in between each set as you need, this method has got me to 6 unassisted pull ups - obviously need to keep practising which is why I can't do more than 6 now - I stopped practising!!
ReplyDelete