Friday, July 2, 2010

60K bike

In an effort to actually spend 2 full days at my cottage - something I have not done since September 2008 (last yr was a wash because of the cast), I switched up my workout for today w/tomorrow - so 60K bike was today. Got out of work at 1 and boy it could not have been anymore perfect weather wise. The bike, a different story.

DId 37.9 miles in 2:30, avg cadence was 78 and there were some good climbs today.

The bike, oh, not sure what to say except it still is not right, but I think it is almost boiling down to my saddle - so much discomfort in the saddle that I can't find a good position and can't really get into any neutral riding position and therefore all my weight is in my hands, thus causing also shoulder pain. Ugh - I have a call into the bike shop. Time is running out - so the good news is that I have been riding with this agony for a long time so my body is used to it and may just require advil on race day - not ideal, but at least I know what to expect if I can't get it right in the next 3 weeks.

I will do my 10K row first thing in the am then off to Sturbridge I go.

2 comments:

  1. ERICA, Go to Cycling Concepts and talk with Dan. Benidorm is a waste of time and money. They don't care more than take your money away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan is who I have been working with. We went for a ride last week and he video taped me. I called him today after my ride and he has a saddle he wants me to try - my schedule stinks and I can't get in until Tuesday. I am calmed down a bit after reading about the saddle. Thanks

    ReplyDelete