get your minds out of the gutter folks - I am sure all of the LP team is a bit tense, but I highly doubt it is 'sexual' tension - did I just say that, so out of character for me, but I am not really thinking too clearly today - I read the athletes guide today and officially got the pit in my stomach. But I am so excited at the same time.
Today's workout called for a 5K - I checked w/the boss and was cleared to actually run vs. row. Even though it was 94 outside, sunny and probably about 150% humidity - off I went at 4:30 today. I had a 5k route in my head but at 1.5 miles decided to not just turn around, but take a right turn and get a good decent, but only to be followed up by a nice climb - not sure why I picked this course today, after not running for so long, maybe deep down I needed to prove something to myself, who knows. Anyway, all said and done - beet red face, avg HR at 162, max at 174, total time was: 26:41, avg speed of 8:36/mile and that included 3 brief stops to catch my breath and get over the crest of a hill. Not too bad, I am really happy. My foot did not hurt at all, my back is another story, but something I can manage through and my knees, well, there just along for the long ride and I will tend to them at mile 140.7.
Report on my bike saddle - the saddle is a huge improvement and I like it, however, on Tuesday I am going to the shop one last time for a quick check - my toes seem to get numb and that has never happened before so I think maybe just a simple adjustment is needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

the athlete guide is overwhelming — I say roll it up and throw it on the fire ;)
ReplyDeletenice work on the run today — an ironman never pushes the easy button!
excited for the LP team!!
Great job on the run Erica!! It has been brutal lately.
ReplyDelete