Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Change of plans

Almost ready to leave work and go to the eye doctor for my annual checkup. I believe I will be 'officially' told today I need reading glasses - can't read anything lately - it sucks getting old(er).
But not sure how others react to an OFF day - I am totally exhausted today and I haven't even done anything yet - just my observation at 3:15pm today.

My plan called for a 20K bike and backsquats - however, it was pouring when I got home from the eye doctor, so I decided to switch to tomorrows plan which is a 500yd swim and 10, 20, 30 - stepups, squats, pushups, burpees. I got to the Y at 5:30 - pool closed until 6, they 'heard' thunder. Went to return a movie, got back to the Y at 6 and was told 6:15 - so I went into the locker room, waited until 6:15 to only find out it won't open until 6:45 so I left.

I came home and did the circuit - total time 12:27 - did 10, 20 and 30 step ups on each leg as the sub for box jumps. I was drenched - 9 months later and I still HATE burpees - maybe loathe is a better word.

Tomorrow I will bike, backsquat and swim.

It is better off that I did not bike today - my body is very soar - I fell last night - my dog decided at the last minute to not go out the door and did a quick turn around and got caught in my legs - I feel, hit both knees, my right shoulder and right hand on the tile in the entry way - I could not believe it. Also broke a plate. I have 2 bruises on my knees, by body just aches - lovely, just lovely.

2 comments: