Monday, July 26, 2010

Recovery Day

Race report will come, but wanted to post something quick so not to forget how I feel today.
FEEL GREAT! Totally Empowered.
Had a 22 hr day yesterday, could not sleep for more that 3 hrs last night, legs hurt too much. But woke up refreshed and legs felt pretty good. Waited in line for 2 hrs to get some 'finisher' stuff, then headed over to Max' house to have some breakfast and chat with the rest of the crew. It was a nice ending to a great weekend.

Left LP around noon today - got home by 4:30 to a kitchen filled with balloons and stars hanging up and a beautiful bouquet of flowers- thanks Samantha. unpacked and then went right into my post race day workout, which I knew I had to do in order to keep my muscles warm and to keep my soreness to a minimum

WOD: 12 reps of each: light weigh benchpress, pushups, KB swing, pullup (subbed lat row), supermans, hip extensions - 3x thru.

Massage tomorrow, race report to come

4 comments:

  1. WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats again. en joy your massage

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are better than me - I did not do the post race workout - will definately start up tomorrow though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Erica, followed you guys on the athlete tracker - am very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete