What a fiasco at the pool today - two lanes open when I got there, had to share a lane w/another person, which I always expect, except this other person was angry w/that - too bad. I finished warming up, then hit my watch and started my 700yd TT - 2 laps in, another women showed up in the middle of the lane I was in and I almost ran her over. The 2nd open lane was 'shut down' to test some young kids, so 1 lane for 3 people, again, not a big deal if everyone is doing the same set or are at similar pace. Long story short, I was not going to leave, stopped my swim at what I think was 28 laps, time said 11:35, I am usually consistent at 1:55-1:58 per 100, so I think I got distracted and shorted myself 50 yd. but probably more like 100. Still was a good swim stroke wise and felt strong, HR got up to 158, avg at 150.
Circuit today was a new one for me: As Many Rounds as Possible in 15 minutes: 5 deadlifts at 70% max weight (95lbs today), 10 burpees, 15 squats. I did 7 complete rounds and one round of deadlifts, 2 burpees. I HATE BURPEES.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Erica
ReplyDeleteNever ceases to amaze me why people would get upset because your in their swim lane. Even if swimming skills are more advanced, circle swimming is the way to go. The faster swimmer would just pass the slower swimmer. Sorry you had to go through the traffic like that. Way to get it done.